Feel Safer Without Pulling Cables
This solar-powered IP camera includes the latest developments in surveillance technology. Smart, versatile, easy to install and self-sufficient.
Just place it anywhere around your property without having to think of power supply. The intelligent integration of solar panel, in-built battery and power management system opens new dimensions in property monitoring.
No Strings Attached
One day of sunlight will keep the camera running for 5-6 days. This incredible performance is achieved by a combination of a built-in 6800mAh Lithium Ion battery, the efficient solar panel module and a smart stand-by mode. The camera switches to broadcast-mode immediately when
– Motion is detected (depending on your settings)
– You request a video live feed from your mobile device
Full APP Control
Every function can easily be controlled from the APP (free download, iOS and Android support).
– Instant Video and Audio stream access anytime from anywhere
– Receive instant alerts if motion is detected
– Set up the wireless network within a minute
– Adjust motion detector sensitivity
– Monitor battery level
– Save snapshots
– Play back recordings
– Manage internal memory
1. Wi-Fi Coverage
To function as a wireless surveillance system, a reliable Wi-Fi connection and sufficient sunlight are necessary.
To test the Wi-Fi signal strength at the designated camera location, simply place your mobile phone where you would mount the camera and see if the Wi-Fi signal shows at least two (better three) bars. The camera only supports 2.4GHz networks (5GHz networks are not supported).
2. Exposure To Direct Sunlight
Direct sunlight should also be available at the designated camera location.
If not the case, you can still use the camera but you probably will have to manually charge the internal battery. The easiest way to do this is to use a conventional power bank.
The mobile App is designed to be the central hub of the camera. All functions including set-up routine are controlled from the app. Hence using an up-to-date smart phone is required in order to use this camera. If you have no smart phone or looking for a camera to integrate with an existing PC-based CCTV system – this camera is not for you.
An installation kit is included in the package so you can mount the camera on flat surfaces (walls) or attach it to objects like poles, bars and pipes.
Pan / Tilt Camera Head
Please note: the camera head can be panned and tilted manually. There is no App control for that.
Pan angle: 150°
Tilt angle: 90°
Out products come with a 30-Day-Money-Back-Guarantee: If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, just send it back and we will refund you no question asked.
One Year Manufacturer Guarantee: If anything breaks – we will replace it.
- Camera Lens: 3.6mm wide angle
- Video encoding: H.264 720P
- Audio: One way audio (built-in microphone)WiFi: IEE802.11b / g / n protocols (4GHz) supported
- P2P Network: Supported
- Night Vision: Infra Red Light
- Motion Detection: PIR Passive Infra Red Sensor (15 feet range)
- Solar Powered: The 150mA / 5.5V panel generates enough power in one sunny day to cover approx. 5-6 days of operation.
- Built-in Battery: 6800mAh Lithium Ion
- Built-in Memory: 16GB Micro SD Card
- Mobile APP Support: iOS and Android (free download)
- Waterproof Level: IP55
- Net Weight: 28 oz (800 g)
- Dimensions: 6.3 x 4.5 x 6.1 inch (161 x 115 x 155 mm)
- Connectors: Mini USB port, Charging Connector (DC5V 500mA)
In The Box
- Mounting Bracket
- Installation Sticker
- Installation Screws & Wall Plugs Set
- 2 x Cable Tie
Known Issues With Specific Router Models
There are connection issues between the camera and the Wi-Fi router models below. We recommend not to use the camera with these routers:
- TP-Link Models WR842N, WR886N, WDR5600, TL-H28R, TL-WDR6500
- Mercurycom MW310R
- NETGEAR WGR614v10
- Mi Router R1D
- 360 security router C301
- Huawei A1
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to access the recorded videos in the camera?
A: The videos stored in the camera can be searched and viewed on the ‘Video Playback’ screen in the Doby app.
Q: Can I download the videos in the camera?
A: On a Windows computer – yes. You can download the free Windows software from our website.
Q: Can more than one person access the camera to view videos?
A: Yes. You can share your camera with up to five people (tap ‘Share’ on the camera screen). However only one person at a time can view the camera signal.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of cameras you set up under the app?
A: There is no limit to the number of cameras you can set up under the app.
Q: How long can the internal 16GB SD card record?
A: Based on 10 events a day it will last for one year.
Q: How long does the camera record once motion is detected?
A: The camera will record for 30 seconds.
Q: When the SD card is full, can it be swapped out for a larger card?
A: The SD card cannot be swapped out. You can delete the files if it’s full.
Q: Will it work without a router / internet connection?
A: The camera can operate and record video upon motion detection without internet connection. However to watch the videos, and for real-time alerts, you need internet connection.